Today's recipe is a Mexican Burger. We eat so many of these during planting and Harvest season because they are so easy to make and stretch so far. Not to mention they are delicious!
1lb ground beef
Half can of seasoned refried beans
one packet of taco seasoning
Optional for Serving:
Burrito sized tortillas
sliced pepper jack cheese or shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 sliced avocado
1. Place ground beef in large bowl. Add half of a can of refried beans and one packet of taco seasoning to the bowl.
2. Mix together using hands and form 4-5 patties.
3. Heat skillet to Medium High heat. Once hot, add burgers cooking for at least 5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160. Serve on a bun with whatever you like to top your burger with and any side you have. OR see below for optional additional steps.
1. Add miracle whip, garlic powder, and lemon juice to small bowl and mix.
2. Turn on skillet to Medium/high heat.
3. Lay tortilla on plate and microwave for 12 seconds (this will make it more flexible).
4. Place about 2 tsp of miracle whip on center of wrap and spread in a circle that is as large as your burger.
5. Place burger on miracle whip, place avocado slices on burger, and place slice of cheese or shredded cheese on top of burger. If you're feeling crazy and like eggs add an over easy egg to the list of things to add before the cheese.
6. Starting at one edge, fold tortilla up to the burger. Repeat spinning in a circle around the burger until you reach the end. (it should look like a crunchwrap supreme from Taco Bell :)
7. Spray outside of tortilla with cooking spray or oil your pan. Place seam side down in pan to melt cheese and seal burger in tortilla.